This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable
- From: Ryan Johnson <ryanjohn at ece dot cmu dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 01:55:25 +0300
- Subject: Re: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable
- References: <email@example.com>
On 15/06/2011 2:14 PM, Kevin Layer wrote:
The list archives are full of discussions about this (did you search
them?). The short version is that Windows vista/7 makes it "difficult"
for cygwin to fork() processes reliably.
When running make, which spawns shell scripts from time to time, I see
../../version.sh: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable
If I run again, it works fine.
You're in fairly good shape, then. Be glad.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple