This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
asterisk appended to filenames when using cygwin sftp
- From: "Florian, Chad W " <chad dot w dot florian at citi dot com>
- To: "'cygwin at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 11:27:58 -0500
- Subject: asterisk appended to filenames when using cygwin sftp
- References: <F3ADF08F4E99034CB45BD193191C7ACA03B09CA909@extxmb38.nam.nsroot.net>
I know there has to be some alias hiding in my configs somewhere but I am unable to find it.
I have a fresh install with no customization.
When I sftp to a host (linux in this case) using cygwin sftp, an ls -l is giving me the -classify type option which appends * to executables, etc. How can I turn this off?
FWIW, I can sftp from other hosts to this same host without this issue. So the alias is not getting set on the target host.
I did search the mail archives, FAQ, and documentation before mailing, so hopefully I'm not beating a dead horse here.
Thanks for any help on this.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple