This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: TMP and TEMP get redefined, but I need the original values
- From: szgyg <szgyg at ludens dot elte dot hu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 08:43:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: TMP and TEMP get redefined, but I need the original values
- References: <4DF4FDAC.email@example.com>
On 6/12/2011 7:55 PM, Roland Bluethgen wrote:
Looking for the cause I found out that the Cygwin maintainers chose to
redefine the TEMP and TMP environment variables in /etc/profile
However, now I'm unable to find out
the original TEMP setting from a script.
Windows stores the environment variables in the registry, under
Manager\Environment'. You can access these through /proc/registry in
cygwin. For an example see the PRINTER setting in /etc/profile.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple