This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: TMP and TEMP get redefined, but I need the original values
- From: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 22:04:42 +0200
- Subject: Re: TMP and TEMP get redefined, but I need the original values
- References: <4DF4FDAC.firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Roland Bluethgen (Sun, 12 Jun 2011 19:55:56 +0200)
> I don't update my Cygwin installation regularly, but recently I did,
> then a script of mine stopped working.
> Looking for the cause I found out that the Cygwin maintainers chose to
> redefine the TEMP and TMP environment variables in /etc/profile like this:
> unset TMP TEMP
> So, any ideas how this could be solved in a clean way?
If you want Linux TMP and Windows TMP point to the same directory then
mount it in fstab or use $USERPROFILE/AppData/Local/Temp.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple