This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mintty font test
- From: Andy Koppe <andy dot koppe at gmail dot com>
- To: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 19:15:32 +0100
- Subject: Re: mintty font test
- References: <BANLkTinMD5ys8KMYdcTpMPXYc9uVYdhquw@mail.gmail.com> <20110523115058.GJ3051@calimero.vinschen.de> <4DDA7E64.email@example.com> <20110523160437.GN3051@calimero.vinschen.de> <BANLkTiks+fRTqkEJx_2ic-qZ33p5s936Vg@mail.gmail.com> <4DDACA2C.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4DDC867B.email@example.com> <BANLkTimyLFM8+QpwXKHKECmD-9V8x=i5yQ@mail.gmail.com> <4DDD1FAF.firstname.lastname@example.org> <BANLkTi=Ox4TzQDX4zwgw0wRS__cZMrz=Kg@mail.gmail.com> <4DDDAFFF.email@example.com> <4DDE7789.firstname.lastname@example.org> <BANLkTinV-KxaOM+cCBydh-pL+e7Zn3eQmw@mail.gmail.com> <BANLkTikyDqntbLw4cn1oZ-_FKL-K9Qimnw@mail.gmail.com> <4DE50675.email@example.com> <BANLkTi=_sNmBVtSSg2KfLmAyrSWOeU0SYw@mail.gmail.com> <4DE65E71.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 1 June 2011 16:44, Charles Wilson wrote:
> On 6/1/2011 1:27 AM, Andy Koppe wrote:
>> and it's bound to always be somewhat out-of-date and
> Well, of course. ÂEverything on the web is out of date 15 minutes after
> posting. ÂThat doesn't mean it has no value.
>> I don't want to have to deal with requests to update it
>> for new versions of a font, to add more fonts (for example CJK fonts),
>> or to cover other aspects such as support for different languages or
>> maths symbols. In other words, I think the "Terminal Font Chronicler"
>> is a sizable project in its own right.
> If there is any intent to ensure it is comprehensive and current, yes. I
> don't have any such intent.
Me neither, but a wiki does create that expectation, even more so with
an issue tracker next to it ...
>ÂIt was reasonably comprehensive, and
> current as of the date it was created.
>> I should add an entry about choosing a font to the Tips wiki page
>> though, plugging DejaVu Sans and linking to your review, if you're
>> planning on keeping it at its current location.
> Err...no. ÂI've been hitting Peter's bandwidth at fruitbat.org pretty
> hard lately (with the mingw cross compiler hosted there for the last
> month, and now this page with 2.4MB of images), so I want to move or
> delete the page.
> Many of the references I found around the net about terminal fonts were
> in the form of blog posts. ÂBlog posts are naturally dated, and nobody
> expects a blogger to go back months later and update an old post (maybe
> fix typos within a few days of posting, but beyond that, no).
> So, I reckon I'll put it up on a blog post somewhere. ÂMaybe I'll start
> a special purpose blog at blogspot or something.
That sounds like the right approach to me.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple