This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: help developing a good problem report
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 15:31:19 -0400
- Subject: Re: help developing a good problem report
- References: <BANLkTi=nofHYmFPvp6tV_b_DmG7RABOhsg@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 12:10:27PM -0500, Rance Hall wrote:
>I've been noticing an issue with cygwin that I find annoying and would
>like to fix.
>Ive never submitted a cygwin problem report before so this is a first.
>My issue now is that I dont actually understand the problem well
>enough to give a good report.
>Here is what is happening:
>I'm using mintty to run ssh and connect to a remote box.
>I shutdown the remote box.
>ssh client exits with error
>Mintty locks up and does not accept user input (no keystrokes) till
>windows kills the session and it is restarted.
>Mintty does not lock up if I exit the remote ssh session properly
>without a remote shutdown.
>Always reproducible on win 7 64bit host.
>How can I determine if the problem is ssh or mintty?
>What additional information is needed?
>Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple