Re: /usr/include path issue

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Gabor Alsecz  wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using the latest cygwin installation and I have an issue with my
> /usr/include directory under cygwin bash.
>
> my .c file snippet looks like this:
>
> #include <netdb.h>
> #include <sys/types.h>
> #include <sys/socket.h>
> #include <netinet/in.h>
> #include <arpa/inet.h>
>
> And when running gcc from bash with the followin command:
> gcc getip.c
>
> i receive the following error:
> fatal error: netdb.h: No such file or directory

Hi Gabor,

do you actually have a netdb.h ? What does

$ find /usr/include/ -name netdb.h

print ?

You can check which directories gcc searches for include files by
adding the -v switch to the gcc command line:

gcc -v getip.c

netdb.h is part of the cygwin package (according to
http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=netdb.h) which is
always installed; it should be in /usr/include, which is searched by
gcc by default.

Csaba