This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: CMD.EXE able to create files in directories on a shared drive, but bash in cygwin is unable to
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 13:02:50 -0400
- Subject: Re: CMD.EXE able to create files in directories on a shared drive, but bash in cygwin is unable to
- References: <BANLkTimsOOZvBAeXgJczJg8KzD9qy1GsLg@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 5/12/2011 11:47 AM, Keith Christian wrote:
This permissions problem has existed for awhile, and I'd like to find
CMD.EXE is able to create files inside directories on a standard
Windows share, but from a Bash shell on Cygwin, a permission denied
message occurs, and this is in most if not all directories:
-bash: .cpan/build/foo2: Permission denied
cygcheck output might be helpful. Also, what kind of device is the share?
Running '/usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo' on the drive (POSIX) path might be
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple