This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Who's using "CYGWIN=tty" and why?
- From: Edward Lam <edward at sidefx dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 12:39:47 -0400
- Subject: Re: Who's using "CYGWIN=tty" and why?
- References: <20110509161028.GJ27739@calimero.vinschen.de>
On 5/9/2011 12:10 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Chris and I are wondering how many people are using the Windows console
as local console window in CYGWIN=tty mode and why.
I'm not but there's various references to it it the web about it being
requires for Emacs. eg.
http://blog.arithm.com/2007/12/01/killing-cygwin-emacs/ I hope that
these references are outdated with Cygwin 1.7?
The other references to it I see are about requiring tty mode for sshd.
This is also for historical reasons but I'm not sure if we still need it
in Cygwin 1.7.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple