This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: unknown command diff
- From: VÃclav Haisman <v dot haisman at sh dot cvut dot cz>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 13:38:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: unknown command diff
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
retrodans wrote, On 9.5.2011 13:26:
> I am trying to run what is a basic diff of 2 tags in a repo, to see what
> changes have occurred between the 2. But whenever I attempt to in cygwin I
> get the below error. Is this a known issue, or do I need to set something
> up specially to get this working. Sorry I am newish to cygwin as use Ubuntu
> $ svn diff --summarize http://svn.xxxxxxxx/tags/xxxxx/public
> Unknown command: 'diff'
> Type 'svn help' for usage.
My guess is that you have not installed the diffutils package. I would know
for sure had you followed problem reporting procedure at
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple