This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Is it okay to delete Cygwin (mirror) download directories?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 22:06:35 -0400
- Subject: Re: Is it okay to delete Cygwin (mirror) download directories?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, May 08, 2011 at 01:32:12AM +0100, Olumide wrote:
>Over the years I've updated my gotten my Cygwin fix from a number of
>mirrors each one of which has left a massive download directory (in
>excess of 700Mb) on my hard disk. For example:
>Now I'm running out of HD space I'm looking to reclaim some of that
>space. Is it okay to delete some or all of these directories? I'm
>concerned that the Cygwin setup program uses one of these folders to
>determine what programs I've currently got installed.
Yes. It's perfectly ok to delete everything in your cygwin download
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple