This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: an updated howto on a portable/usb cygwin installguide?
- From: Tee <Tee-2135 at mail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 06:19:35 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: an updated howto on a portable/usb cygwin installguide?
- References: <4DB51D1C.firstname.lastname@example.org>
I noticed with your setup I'm stuck with
as my prompt
is there a way to change the $user variable without editing /etc/profile ??
mainly to intercept that pesky USER="$(id -un)" to change it to something of my
choosing in the bat file?
more specifically to convince the shell that "$(id -un)" or $USER is "TEE"?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple