This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: dos2unix-5.3-1
- From: Erwin Waterlander <waterlan at xs4all dot nl>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 09:36:10 +0200
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: dos2unix-5.3-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Version 5.3-1 of dos2unix has been uploaded.
This is an update of Benjamin Lin's implementations of dos2unix and
unix2dos. Benjamin Lin's implementations of dos2unix and unix2dos are
part of several Linux distributions such as RedHat, Fedora, Suse, Gentoo
and others. This update includes all RedHat patches and fixes several
other problems. Internationalization has been added and ports to DOS,
Windows, Cygwin and OS/2 Warp have been made.
Lately this version of dos2unix was also added to Debian, Ubuntu,
Slackware and Arch Linux.
These implementations of dos2unix and unix2dos have been modelled after
dos2unix/unix2dos under SunOS/Solaris. They have similar conversion
modes, namely ascii, 7bit and iso. The first versions were made by John
Birchfield in 1989, and in 1995 rewritten from scratch by Benjamin Lin.
Mac to Unix conversion was added by Bernd Johannes Wuebben in 1998, Unix
to Mac by Erwin in 2010.
* Native language support: Dutch, English, Esperanto, German.
* Automatically skips binary and non-regular files
* In-place, paired, or stdio mode conversion.
* Keep original file dates option.
* 7-bit and iso conversion modes like SunOS dos2unix.
license: 2-clause BSD (FreeBSD)
NOTES FOR CYGWIN:
Dos2unix works different wrt symbolic links compared to cygutils'
d2u/u2d. By default symbolic links are untouched (as on Linux). By using
the option --follow-symlink (or -F) dos2unix works similar as cygutils'
d2u, writing to the symbolic link target.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple