This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: what does this cygserver error mean?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 12:31:05 +0200
- Subject: Re: what does this cygserver error mean?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Apr 15 14:53, bob 295 wrote:
> I'm getting this error associated with shared memory and cygserver (sender is
> the name of my process setting and loading the shared memory):
> ======== begin error snip ========
> 3 [main] sender 3684 transport_layer_pipes::connect: lost connection to
> cygserver, error = 2
> ======== end error snip =========
> Could someone point me to a place where this error is described? Thanks.
error = 2 is the Win32 error ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND returned by the
CreateFile or WaitNamedPipe function when trying to connect to cygserver
via a named pipe.
Either Cygserver isn't running or it reached the maximum number of
parallel client connections.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple