This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
untar of sym links randomly works or creates empty files
- From: Tom Rodman <cygzs at trodman dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 18:35:34 -0500
- Subject: untar of sym links randomly works or creates empty files
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I believe I have the latest cygwin, tar, and bash loaded. When
I take a Linux tar file (~500k), containing a mix of files and
symbolic links, untarring with cygwin's tar randomly creates
several empty files instead of symbolic links. ( This linux tar
file is one I create, it changes every week or two. ) If I repeat
the same tar command, different empty files result instead of the
symbolic links. So after each untar I search for empty files, and
then untar the corresponding symbolic links again - so far this
workaround has always worked.
Not asking for a solution. Submitting this incomplete report for now.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple