This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.5.19: Install problem: cannot find cygz.dll
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:08:14 -0400
- Subject: Re: 1.5.19: Install problem: cannot find cygz.dll
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20110413150320.GB16728@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
- Reply-to: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
On 4/13/2011 11:03 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 03:55:46AM -0700, LouisMoreno wrote:
>> Just visit the link given above & click "Fix dll errors now" button.
>> This will fix the issue without any botheration.
> I would NOT recommend using this. I have no idea what it does and it
> is certainly not an official, endorsed way to fix the problem.
> If you're missing a file, then just INSTALL IT. You can find the name
> of a package which contains the file by going to the cygwin web site and
> casting your eyes to the left bar. Look for something obvious like
> "Search Packages".
One caveat: the OP was concerned with cygwin-1.5.x, while 'Search
Packages' only looks in the current release/ area AFAIK, which is for
cygwin-1.7.x. There really is no easy method for searching the contents
of packages in the release-legacy/ (e.g. 1.5.x) area.
So, for 1.5.x, the OP should install the package
from the release-legacy/ area, rather than the 1.7.x package
from release/. I'm not sure how the OP will go about doing that, given
that the proper procedure is highly dependent on which version of
setup.exe he is using, and on which Windows version. More information
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple