This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: latest emacs, cygwin, and constant stackdumps
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:31:47 +0100
- Subject: Re: latest emacs, cygwin, and constant stackdumps
- References: <e8rd3laay88.fsf@FLM000258LVE9F.catmktg.com> <4D91DDEA.email@example.com> <4D91F9AB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <BANLkTinUjWLKOz1j+9hY_58SgAp+H8oz+A@mail.gmail.com>
On 13/04/2011 02:02, Dan Tsafrir wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 18:24, Ken Brown <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On 3/29/2011 9:26 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
>>> On 3/29/2011 8:48 AM, J. David Boyd wrote:
>>>> I'm not certain of the exact version of these, but they are the latest,
>>>> as I upgrade at least once a week.
>>>> Lately, everytime I do almost anything in emacs, the terminal I started
>>>> it from shows:
>>>> [main] emacs-X11 4500 exception::handle: Exception:
>>>> 1149 [main] emacs-X11 4500 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
> I've been experiencing exactly the same symptoms.
>>> Also, it might make sense to update your Cygwin installation first,
>>> since new versions of cygwin and and xorg-server were just released today.
>>> Finally, please tell me if the problem occurs with both emacs-23.3-1 and
>>> the test release emacs-23.3-2.
> I've updated cygwin, installed emacs-23.3-2, and followed the instructions in:
> None of it helped.
>> Another thought: Have you tried rebaseall?.
> rebaseall indeed eliminated the problem for me. Thanks!
A confusing pair of statements: That FAQ points you at FAQ 9.16, which tells
you that rebasing may solve the problem.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple