This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: latest emacs, cygwin, and constant stackdumps
- From: Dan Tsafrir <dan at cs dot technion dot ac dot il>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 04:02:47 +0300
- Subject: Re: latest emacs, cygwin, and constant stackdumps
- References: <e8rd3laay88.fsf@FLM000258LVE9F.catmktg.com> <4D91DDEA.email@example.com> <4D91F9AB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 18:24, Ken Brown <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 3/29/2011 9:26 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
>> On 3/29/2011 8:48 AM, J. David Boyd wrote:
>>> I'm not certain of the exact version of these, but they are the latest,
>>> as I upgrade at least once a week.
>>> Lately, everytime I do almost anything in emacs, the terminal I started
>>> it from shows:
>>> [main] emacs-X11 4500 exception::handle: Exception:
>>> 1149 [main] emacs-X11 4500 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
I've been experiencing exactly the same symptoms.
>> Also, it might make sense to update your Cygwin installation first,
>> since new versions of cygwin and and xorg-server were just released today.
>> Finally, please tell me if the problem occurs with both emacs-23.3-1 and
>> the test release emacs-23.3-2.
I've updated cygwin, installed emacs-23.3-2, and followed the instructions in:
None of it helped.
> Another thought: Have you tried rebaseall?.
rebaseall indeed eliminated the problem for me. Thanks!
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple