Windows tools can access /usr/share but not /usr/lib

Hello,

I am enhancing/fixing a perl tool (published to CPAN) which allows to import
files into a ClearCase
database (vob): synctree. Among the enhancements is support for cygwin.
While testing it on cygwin, I tried and failed to import it itself, from the
perl install directory, which
is under /usr/lib.

The tool spawns an IBM utility built for Windows (in this case): cleartool.
It is this cleartool which cannot access C:\cygwin\usr\lib

I notice that the Windows cmd shell has the exact same problem, which
disappears if using instead:
C:\cygwin\lib

My question is (as I'll have to implement a workaround) how can I detect
this issue?

I already found:

$ df /usr/lib
C:/cygwin/lib        244196348  35784364 208411984  15% /usr/lib

Is this the answer to my question?
Thanks,
Marc

P.S.

$ mount
//view/emagiro_cw2 on /view/emagiro_cw2 type mvfs (binary,notexec,user)
//view/emagiro_win on /view/emagiro_w2 type mvfs (binary,user)
//view/emagiro_86 on /view/emagiro_86 type mvfs (binary,notexec,user)
//view/emagiro_t7 on /view/emagiro_t7 type mvfs (binary,notexec,user)
C:/cygwin/bin on /usr/bin type ntfs (binary,auto)
C:/cygwin/lib on /usr/lib type ntfs (binary,auto)
C:/cygwin on / type ntfs (binary,auto)
C: on /cygdrive/c type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
G: on /cygdrive/g type netapp (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
H: on /cygdrive/h type netapp (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
I: on /cygdrive/i type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
J: on /cygdrive/j type netapp (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
K: on /cygdrive/k type netapp (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
M: on /cygdrive/m type mvfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
N: on /cygdrive/n type mvfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
O: on /cygdrive/o type mvfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
S: on /cygdrive/s type netapp (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
W: on /cygdrive/w type mvfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
X: on /cygdrive/x type mvfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)