Re: Migrating home dir

On 3/18/2011 10:28, Tod wrote:
> I'm going to be migrating to win7 in a few weeks.  When I do I'll be
> logging in with a different userid.  What's the best way to migrate my
> existing install and home dir to the new userid?

My recommendation is that you back up only your Cygwin home directory
contents, perhaps even with Cygwin's zip program.  Then install a fresh
Cygwin installation on the new system.  Finally extract the home
directory backup to your new Cygwin home directory.

Speaking from personal experience, trying to transplant an existing
Cygwin installation wholesale can be tricky and error prone, and it is
not a supported operation for installation.  You should avoid that if
possible.

-Jeremy