Re: ssh and user env vars from control panel

On 3/1/2011 10:14 PM, Rafael Kitover wrote:
Hello list,

I generally set most of my environment variables in the System control
panel for my user, instead of in my .bashrc/.zshrc

I noticed that when I log in to Cygwin via ssh, these environment
variables are not available.

Would this be considered a misfeature?

No, it's considered a security feature. The environment for OpenSSH is stripped to the basics so as to not let lots of information about the remote system slip through to the client. If there's stuff you want in your OpenSSH session that you're not getting now, a small script that you can run after login is the prescribed solution.

--
Larry