This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Windows OS and uname; compatability
- From: "Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]" <BBuchbinder at niaid dot nih dot gov>
- To: Cygwin ML <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, 'Fergus' <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 12:15:44 -0500
- Subject: RE: Windows OS and uname; compatability
- References: <4D6BD226.email@example.com>
Fergus sent the following at Monday, February 28, 2011 11:50 AM
>Thanks to a previous responder I now know that in response to uname:
>NT-5.0 = W2000 NT-5.1 = XP NT-6.0 = Vista NT-6.1 = W7
>Q1 Can anybody please tell me the corresponding information for W98?
That didn't help, so ...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple