This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Pining Cygwin in Windows 7?
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 13:44:54 -0500
- Subject: Re: Pining Cygwin in Windows 7?
- References: <4D6A9A37.email@example.com>
On 2/27/2011 1:38 PM, Brenden Towey wrote:
> I just installed Cygwin on my new system, which runs Windows 7. There's
> a feature in Win7 similar to QuickLinks that I've been using to "pin" my
> applications to the task bar for a quick start. I'd like to do the same
> for Cygwin, but since it starts as batch file, all the "pin" function
> does is give me a DOS prompt.
Try installing mintty, then launching
(e.g. with the argument '-') as your "pin". (I don't know much about W7,
but at least you'd be starting an executable instead of a batch file).
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple