This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty-0.9.6-1
- From: Andy Koppe <andy dot koppe at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 19:34:24 +0000
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty-0.9.6-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
mintty 0.9.6-1 is on its way to the Cygwin mirrors, with a couple of
fixes and enhancements.
- Fixed crash triggered by lots of combining characters on the same
- Corrected initialisation of the bold background colour. (This is
used to display the blink attribute when blinking is disabled.)
- Added 'Show bold as font' option. Previously, disabling 'Show bold
as colour' would cause text with the bold attribute to be displayed
with a thicker font instead of a brighter colour. Having these as
separate options allows bold text to be shown with both a thicker font
and a brighter colour, which is the default in xterm and others. The
mintty default remains bold-as-colour-only.
- Added options that allow to disable the copy and paste shortcuts Ctrl
+Ins and Shift+Ins as well as the various Alt+Fn window command
- Added an option for enabling a set of Ctrl+Shift+letter shortcuts as
found in KDE Konsole and GNOME Terminal, as an alternative to the Ctrl/
Shift+Ins and Alt+Fn shortcuts. Examples include Ctrl+Shift+V for
paste and Ctrl+Shift+N for opening a new window. (These only appear in
menus if the corresponding default shortcuts are disabled.)
- Tweaked option wording and placement (again). The scrolling option
now are all on the Window pane of the options dialog.
Mintty is a terminal emulator for Cygwin with a native Windows user
interface and minimalist design. Among its features are Unicode
support and a graphical options dialog. Its terminal emulation is
largely compatible with xterm, but it does not require an X server.
The mintty manual is installed as a manpage ('man mintty'). It's also
available at http://mintty.googlecode.com/svn/tags/0.9.6/docs/mintty.1.html.
Questions and comments can be sent to the mintty discussion group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mintty-discuss or the Cygwin mailing
list. Please use the issue tracker at
http://code.google.com/p/mintty/issues/list to report bugs or suggest
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link
on the http://cygwin.com web page. ÂThis downloads setup.exe to
your system. ÂThen, run setup and answer all of the questions.
Â Â *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple