This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
No Network Access Nearly Resolved
- From: "Gary Furash" <furashgary at gmail dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:50:41 -0700
- Subject: No Network Access Nearly Resolved
I am running the latest Cygwin installation on Windows XP w/ all the latest
windows patches. Here are the symptoms/facts.
1. When I delete the passwd and groups file, Cygwin makes a dummy logon for
me. I can do all sorts of normal network activity from the command line (
SSH, etc.). However, I don't think this is what you're supposed to do.
2. I have no local account for my user on the PC. It is associated with a
windows domain account.
3. When I setup the groups and password files the way I think they should be
setup, I have no access. I have also tried associating myself with the local
administrator account group to no avail (by modifying the 3rd field of the
furashg:unused:102527:10513:Furash, Gary F -
Again, if I modify the group above so it just contains the local
administrator group (544), then change 10513 above to 544, I still can't do
any network things.
4. From the DOS prompt, I can do all my normal network stuff.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple