This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Accessing folders elsewhere than C:\cygwin
- From: Greg Chicares <gchicares at sbcglobal dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 15:37:55 +0000
- Subject: Re: Accessing folders elsewhere than C:\cygwin
- References: <4D52A7DD.email@example.com>
On 2011-02-09 14:42Z, Fergus wrote:
> I have Cygwin mounted conventionally under Q:\cygwin.
> I would like to access files under Q:\else.
> But (for example) ls ../../.. only ever attains \cygwin (and lower).
> I can use ls /cygdrive/q/else/ (and lower) but this means knowing the
> drive name (in this case Q:)
> I don't much want to change mount points which are currently
> conventionally defined.
> Is there a way I can get to Q:\else without knowing the drive name Q:?
ls `cygpath -m /`/../else
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple