This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Please add 'AVG Internet Security 2011' to the BLODA list (and cygport also :-) ).
- From: Vincent Rivière <vincent dot riviere at freesbee dot fr>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 10:16:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: Please add 'AVG Internet Security 2011' to the BLODA list (and cygport also :-) ).
- References: <4D4F77BE.firstname.lastname@example.org>
L Anderson wrote:
This may be just a case of pilot error that I can't see because, surely,
others must have encountered this situation before.
I can't say for sure, but recently I had big suspicions about AVG and
I have an MFC testsuite for some software unrelated to Cygwin. It
creates a temporary directory, creates some files in it, then delete it
recursively. This had always worked perfectly on all machines. But
recently, some time after installing AVG, the deletion of the temp dir
failed with a sharing violation. Strangely, trying to delete that
directory 2 times in a row almost fixed the problem.
I should try to uninstall AVG to see if this problem goes away.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple