This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: fiemap ioctl wishlist
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 15:10:31 -0500
- Subject: Re: fiemap ioctl wishlist
- References: <4D49B66C.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 12:54:20PM -0700, Eric Blake wrote:
>coreutils 8.10 is due soon, and has some (impressive) speedups for
>copying sparse files on systems that support the FIEMAP ioctl. It seems
>like Windows already has APIs for determining where the holes are in a
>sparse file, so given enough time and someone to write the patch, it
>would be nice to see the fiemap ioctl implemented in cygwin.
Maybe we should start adding wishlist items like this to the cygwin
bugzilla. It would be nice to use it for something.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple