This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bad PATH conversion under XP
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 11:04:09 +0100
- Subject: Re: bad PATH conversion under XP
- References: <4D3F6779.email@example.com> <4D3F8295.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4D488C09.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Feb 1 23:41, Cyrille Lefevre wrote:
> I'm reporting a cygwin bug...
> of course I know I could edit the windows environment variables.
> however, this problem has to be fixed.
I agree. It's not the user's fault that Windows applications and
Windows itself add paths to the environment using quotes and trailing
backslashes. I applied a patch which removes those, but only when
Cygwin actually fetches the Win32 environment and initially converts the
path lists like %Path%. This is not done when calling the
cygwin_conv_path_list function from the application.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple