Re: Windows 2008 64-bit install

Thorsten Kampe <thorsten <at> thorstenkampe.de> writes:

> Why don't you simply run (at least) one of the scripts manually and see
> if you see an error?!

I ran them all, with the following results:

bash-3.2# /etc/postinstall/000-cygwin-post-install.sh
bash-3.2# /etc/postinstall/base-files-mketc.sh
bash: /etc/postinstall/base-files-mketc.sh: Permission denied
bash-3.2# /etc/postinstall/base-files-profile.sh
bash: /etc/postinstall/base-files-profile.sh: Permission denied
bash-3.2# /etc/postinstall/bash.sh
bash-3.2# /etc/postinstall/coreutils.sh
bash-3.2# /etc/postinstall/joe.sh
bash-3.2# /etc/postinstall/man.sh
bash-3.2# /etc/postinstall/terminfo.sh
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
bash-3.2# /etc/postinstall/terminfo0.sh
bash-3.2#

> > Following some suggestions, I turned off DEP, but the problem
> > persists.
>
> UAC is much more likely a problem.

UAC is the first thing I turn off when spinning up a new machine :)

I'm not an expert at this...I usually just install, configure the SSH server,
and go about my business. I've never had it not work before.

I managed to run all but 3 of the postinstall scripts manually, and that has
restored some basic functionality (e.g., before this, I couldn't even run the
"ls" command without a "command not found" error). I'm leery of going through
the SSH server install in this state.