This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Issue with socket SO_REUSEADDR when a client is connected.
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 23:12:19 +0100
- Subject: Re: Issue with socket SO_REUSEADDR when a client is connected.
- References: <AANLkTi=HunjC3MPZo37xZ8Yd1Mh1329yD5sQDfaNJWG9@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jan 30 15:31, jdzstz - gmail dot com wrote:
> I have detected an issue in windows xp with socket SO_REUSEADDR when a
> tcp client keeps connected forever.
> I don't know if it is a cygwin bug or a problem with microsoft winsock
> implementation. I don't know if windows vista or windows 7 has the
> same behaviour.
Thanks for the testcase.
I was going to go to great lengths explaining how WinSock has a bug in
SO_REUSEADDR behaviour and how Cygwin has a nifty workaround for this,
but I got a bad feeling while writing my reply and started a cycle
2. read MSDN
3. scratch head
6. goto 1
The Cygwin workaround to fix the WinSock SO_REUSEADDR behaviour from
back in 2006 was not so nifty after all. I just fixed that in CVS. I'm
going to generate a new developer snapshot right now. Should be up in a
couple of minutes.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple