This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: max memory
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 01:11:17 -0500
- Subject: Re: max memory
- References: <000a01cbb58a$2ce4fd70$86aef850$@email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 04:32:17PM +0200, Paavo Leinonen wrote:
>I have read  and set heap_chunk_in_mb to 2048, but
>max_memory.exe gives me only 1920 MB. I need (almost)
>2048 MB to be able to manipulate BIG (map) images, how
>can get 2048 megabytes available for my program?
>Where has the 128 MB (2048 - 1920) gone? I also tried
>increasing heap_chunk_in_mb to 4095, but max_memory.exe
>still gives 1920 MB.
Cygwin only uses as much memory as the OS gives it. It can't
use a full 2048MB for the heap.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple