RE: skipping file `...', as it was replaced while being copied

From: Eric Blake
> From here, Corinna probably has better insights into how to patch
> cygwin1.dll to work around your broken file system (it isn't NTFS, even
> though it claims to be, because NTFS has max filenamelength of 255 and
> lot more TRUE flags - do you know if it is a NetApp device, or is it
> some other file system altogether?)
>
> > knellis@COBQDPPJ1 ~
> > $ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo /cygdrive/q
> > Device Type        : 7
> > Characteristics    : 10
> > Volume Name        : <home>
> > Serial Number      : 125567530
> > Max Filenamelength : 128
> > Filesystemname     : <NTFS>

Duplicating my original post [1], my Q: drive is a network
mount through Samba (2.0.7) to a directory on a QNX 4.25 [2]
system running on my PC through Virtual PC.

[1] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2011-01/msg00059.html
[2] http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/qnx_4.25_docs/qnx4/

From my Cygwin environment, copying (cp) files from
/cygdrive/q has been working well for well over a year,
and has been invaluable, but stopped working some weeks ago,
due to, I suspect, a Cygwin update, but I don't know which,
but apparently not the recent tar 1.25 one.

Please let me know what additional information I can provide
as I am anxious to restore this functionality.

--Ken Nellis