This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: File output Question
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 01:29:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: File output Question
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sat, Jan 01, 2011 at 09:25:17PM -0700, ERIC HO wrote:
>Using the cat or file command on a file, the output is readable. But
>if I use vim or less command, the output is either unreadable or
>nothing displayed. Not sure why the file output is readable from some
>commands and not others. Any way I can use vim/less command to display
>this file readable? Thanks.
>I'm running cygwin 1.7.7(0.230/5/3) 2010-08-31.
You're not giving us much to go on but, as a wild guess, I'd wager
that you don't have your TERM environment variable set to "cygwin".
If that's not it, then please take a gander at:
and resend your problem report with more info.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple