Re: skipping initial setup screens for existing installation with setup.exe?

On Dec  7 23:08, Andrey Repin wrote:
> $ ./setup.exe --help
> Starting cygwin install, version 2.721
> io_stream_cygfile: fopen(/etc/setup/extrakeys) failed 2 No such file or directory
> io_stream_cygfile: fopen(/etc/setup/chooser_window_settings) failed 2 No such file or directory
> Current Directory: \\DAEMON1\arc\cygwin\install
>
> Command Line Options:
>  -D --download                          Download from internet
>  -L --local-install                     Install from local directory
>  -s --site                              Download site
>  -O --only-site                         Ignore all sites except for -s
>  -R --root                              Root installation directory
>  -P --packages                          Specify packages to install
>  -C --categories                        Specify entire categories to install
>  -p --proxy                             HTTP/FTP proxy (host:port)
>  -q --quiet-mode                        Unattended setup mode
>  -M --package-manager                   Semi-attended chooser-only mode
>  -h --help                              print help
>  -l --local-package-dir                 Local package directory
>  -r --no-replaceonreboot                Disable replacing in-use files on next
>                                         reboot.
>  -X --no-verify                         Don't verify setup.ini signatures
>  -n --no-shortcuts                      Disable creation of desktop and start
>                                         menu shortcuts
>  -N --no-startmenu                      Disable creation of start menu shortcut
>  -d --no-desktop                        Disable creation of desktop shortcut
>  -K --pubkey                            Path to extra public key file (gpg
>                                         format)
>  -S --sexpr-pubkey                      Extra public key in s-expr format
>  -u --untrusted-keys                    Use untrusted keys from last-extrakeys
>  -U --keep-untrusted-keys               Use untrusted keys and retain all
>  -A --disable-buggy-antivirus           Disable known or suspected buggy anti
>                                         virus software packages during
>                                         execution.
> Ending cygwin install
> AddAccessAllowedAce(, owner) failed: 1337
> AddAccessAllowedAce(, group) failed: 1337
> AddAccessAllowedAce(, everyone) failed: 1337
> AddAccessAllowedAce(, owner) failed: 1337
> AddAccessAllowedAce(, group) failed: 1337
> AddAccessAllowedAce(, everyone) failed: 1337

Oh well, that's kind of ugly.  What also bugs me right now is the fact
that setup,exe always writes a log file, even if not even a target
directory has been choosen.  I'd appreciate if the logs are only
written if something really happened.

As always, patches to setup.exe are very welcome.  Send them to the
cygwin-apps list.

Corinna

Red Hat