Re: how to enable the very convenient copy/paste editing method in Cgywin?

On 09/21/2010 05:05 PM, bsmile wrote:
> Marco atzeri-3 wrote:

>>> number) under windows xp
>>> inconvenient for me to
>>> and right button to
>>> feature. Any advices
>>>
>>> Use mintty or rxvt instead of the windows console.
>>
>> Only mintty please, rxvt should be considered obsolete as
>> cygwin uses now UTF8 and rxvt can't.
>>
>> Moreover we have a really present mintty maintainer
>> while rxvt is dead upstream
>>

>> Marco
>
> Thanks, both! I will install mintty, but really cannot follow the next
step

> So far the Cygwin is launched through some DOS batch file, thus I
don't care
> what's behind. So if to use mintty, what should I do? Where should
mintty be
> installed(any directory under windows or extract to some directory under
> Cygwin, which I suppose do not talk to windows)? Further explanations are
> really appreciated!

You can install Mintty by selecting the mintty package in Cygwin's
setup.exe.  Just run setup.exe again and select the mintty package when
you get to the package selection panel without changing any of the other
settings that are already there on other panels.  Once installed, you
will find a shortcut for starting a Cygwin session within Mintty in your
start menu.  I'm pretty sure it will be in the Cygwin group.

-Jeremy