Re: It's raining stackdumps

On 9/21/2010 5:12 PM, SJ Wright wrote:
Gary wrote:
And empty ones at that.

I see this was mentioned previously but didn't see a resolution.

For me it is definitely happening in emacs (which since I spend most of
my time in it, is maybe not that surprising), and is possibly related to
running make via 'M-x compile'.

I use mintty, so it isn't related to rxvt and batch files or something.

It's a bit hard to track down since it doesn't happen anything like
every time.

Yep. I was the one who complained my two primary shells were
stackdumping like flaky pastry. And you're right, there doesn't seem to
be much in the way of resolution coming from The Board.

emacs, you say? Well, that sort of trims it down -- I did go through the
paces of installing emacs, xemacs and a few lighter-weight support utils
-- trying at long last to get myself acclimated with a "real"
developer's/scripter's editor or edit suite that wasn't Winz or Mac OS X
-- and it was not too long after that these stackdumps and a few
problems with compiles started happening.

Are you saying that you get stackdumps while using emacs? You didn't mention that in any of your earlier posts. If that's the case, please try to give a precise recipe for reproducing the problem, starting with 'emacs -Q'. If that's not the case, and all you did was to install emacs without actually using it, then it can't possibly have anything to do with your problem.

Ken