This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin slow on x64 systems
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 10:08:43 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cygwin slow on x64 systems
- References: <4C7CA209.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 08:32:41AM +0200, Roland Schwingel wrote:
>Hi Sagi and all others,
>Thanks Sagi for your investigation!
>This is great news that it could finally be tracked down. I am also
>suffering badly here from this
>speed drop. I haven't yet tried myself to revert this change to see
>whether it brings back speed
>but will certainly try to do so soon.
>What are our cygwin gurus (CGF,Corinna,?) saying about this? Can the
>results of these investigations be incorporated in a change in an
>upcoming version to get a more performant cygwin version?
Here's what I'm saying: It makes absolutely no sense that moving the
call would have any effect. The code is the way it is for a reason
so we're not going to just revert the change.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple