This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin slow on x64 systems
- From: Edward Lam <edward at sidefx dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 10:11:49 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cygwin slow on x64 systems
- References: <4C7B9327.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 8/30/2010 7:16 AM, Sagi Ben-Akiva wrote:
For the last couple of weeks I'm trying to identify the cause for
cygwin slowdown on x64 machines which was reported by David Morgan
about 6 months ago.
You're my new hero. :)
I then applied the changes one by one and built cygwin1.dll for each
change, then I ran my test script again for each cygwin1.dll version
and I found that the change to winsup/cygwin/dcrt0.cc from
'2006/03/12 23:57:03' introduce this issue.
For anyone interested in this, it's revision 1.288 of dcrt0.cc
Web CVS link:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple