This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Will cron runnnnig as a service cause the server to lock up?
- From: "Larry Hall \(Cygwin\)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 13:04:58 -0400
- Subject: Re: Will cron runnnnig as a service cause the server to lock up?
- References: <4C769D88.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 8/26/2010 12:59 PM, Blaine Miller wrote:
I'm running cron as a service. Twice this week this server has died and needed
cold rebooting to get the system back.
Questions - First, will cron as a service on a Windows 2003 R2, standard
system cause this sort of behavior?
No, that's an O/S issue (kernel or drivers).
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Q: Are you sure?
A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple