This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin setup not saving "Create icon on Desktop" setting?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 14:03:36 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cygwin setup not saving "Create icon on Desktop" setting?
- References: <AANLkTi=2M_N8kUmxjf57hZgYG6nXnP-XrJ4cVuP4qHuN@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:13:04AM -0600, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
>Is this a bug?
>I noticed that there's no SETUP.INI file in the Cygwin directory
>anymore, but there is an etc/setup/setup.rc file instead.
There should never have been a setup.ini in the Cygwin directory.
setup.ini is something very different from setup.rc.
setup.exe, like many other installers, will always prompt you at the end
on whether you want to create a desktop icon.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple