This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin setup not saving "Create icon on Desktop" setting?
- From: "Larry Hall \(Cygwin\)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 13:54:20 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cygwin setup not saving "Create icon on Desktop" setting?
- References: <AANLkTinEHki638t1tqHFub_rC3FBG4nFjaLY=mapZREj@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 8/24/2010 1:49 PM, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
see "setup --help"
-n --no-shortcuts Disable creation of desktop and start
This is only a band-aid. It does not change the fact that the program
doesn't save the status of that checkbox from run to run.
True but something else must be coming into play because I just tried
running as originally reported and saw no problem.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Q: Are you sure?
A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple