Bash file completion (Tab) produces "-sh: exclude: unbound variable"

Greetings,

after having recently upgraded Cygwin on my laptop running Windows Vista
the  Bash Shell  started misbehaving  by issuing  "-sh: exclude: unbound
variable" whenever I hit  "Tab" for file  name completion.  After trying
the obvious (that is, issuing "set +u") and even having success with it,
I checked  the Cygwin  mailing  list archives  but  only found a  single
thread ending with "Problem solved, use 'set -o nounset'".

Now, in my opinion this only is a temporary workaround, but never a fix,
so my question is: is there a  real fix for  the problem which allows to
have "set -u" (or "set -o unset") and tab completion at the same time?

This is my third try to send mail to <Cygwin@Cygwin.COM>.  The first two
times I didn't even  get a rejection  message, just nothing, but my mail
never showed up in the mailing  list archives.  Therefore I'll this time
not attach the output  from  "cygcheck -s -v  -r"  but will rather  only
quote below the few lines from it having to do with "bash".

Sincerely
 Rainer

PS:  Please also  respond  via personal  e-mail  since I'm not regularly
reading this list.  Thankyou.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console\Cygwin Bash Shell
  (default) = 0x000000f0
  PopupColors = 0x000000f9
  ColorTable00 = 0x00000000
  ColorTable01 = 0x00800000
  ColorTable02 = 0x00008000
  ColorTable03 = 0x00808000
  ColorTable04 = 0x00000080
  ColorTable05 = 0x00800080
  ColorTable06 = 0x00008080
  ColorTable07 = 0x00c0c0c0
  ColorTable08 = 0x00808080
  ColorTable09 = 0x00ff0000
  ColorTable10 = 0x0000ff00
  ColorTable11 = 0x00ffff00
  ColorTable12 = 0x000000ff
  ColorTable13 = 0x00ff00ff
  ColorTable14 = 0x0000ffff
  ColorTable15 = 0x00ffffff
  InsertMode = 0x00000001
  QuickEdit = 0x00000001
  FullScreen = 0x00000000
  ScreenBufferSize = 0x03e70050
  WindowSize = 0x00060050
  FontSize = 0x000c0008
  FontFamily = 0x00000030
  FontWeight = 0x00000190
  FaceName = 'Terminal'
  CursorSize = 0x00000019
  HistoryBufferSize = 0x000003e7
  NumberOfHistoryBuffers = 0x00000004
  HistoryNoDup = 0x00000000
  WindowPosition = 0x029e0000
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console\Cygwin Bash Shell (2)
  (default) = 0x000000f0
  PopupColors = 0x000000f9
  ColorTable00 = 0x00000000
  ColorTable01 = 0x00800000
  ColorTable02 = 0x00008000
  ColorTable03 = 0x00808000
  ColorTable04 = 0x00000080
  ColorTable05 = 0x00800080
  ColorTable06 = 0x00008080
  ColorTable07 = 0x00c0c0c0
  ColorTable08 = 0x00808080
  ColorTable09 = 0x00ff0000
  ColorTable10 = 0x0000ff00
  ColorTable11 = 0x00ffff00
  ColorTable12 = 0x000000ff
  ColorTable13 = 0x00ff00ff
  ColorTable14 = 0x0000ffff
  ColorTable15 = 0x00ffffff
  InsertMode = 0x00000001
  QuickEdit = 0x00000001
  FullScreen = 0x00000000
  ScreenBufferSize = 0x03e70050
  WindowSize = 0x003c0050
  FontSize = 0x000c0008
  FontFamily = 0x00000030
  FontWeight = 0x00000190
  FaceName = 'Terminal'
  CursorSize = 0x00000019
  HistoryBufferSize = 0x000003e7
  NumberOfHistoryBuffers = 0x00000004
  HistoryNoDup = 0x00000000
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe
bash                            3.2.49-23
bash-completion                 1.2-1