Re: Existence check fails on Cygwin Perl

On Aug 17 16:19, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Aug 17 14:58, Lemke, Michael  SZ/HZA-ZSB2 wrote:
> > But wait:
> >
> > pc> ls -ls //server/junk
> > 0 -rw-r--r-- 1 lemkemch Domain Users 0 Dec  1  2006 //server/junk
> >
> > I was wrong above, here is a server called 'server'.  But it doesn't have
> > a file 'junk'.
> >
> > Doing the equivalent from a DOS box:
> >
> > U:\>dir \\server\junk
> > Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
>
> Works for me if the server called "server" exists, but has no
> share named "junk".
>
>   bash$ ls -ls //server/junk
>   ls: cannot access //server/cygwinx: No such file or directory
>
> The noticable difference is that the access returns another error
> on the Win32/native NT level:
>
>   C:\>dir \\server\junk
>   The network name cannot be found.
>
> So there's YA error possible when accessing a non-existant share.
> Great!  To fix this for Cygwin 1.7.7, I need an strace from you:
>
>   bash$ strace -o share-logon-failure.trace ls //server/junk
>
> Just send the share-logon-failure.trace file as attachment.

...and a follow-up question:

  Are you running your test from a ssh session, by any chance?
  If so, what kind of authentication are you using, in terms of
  the different methods explained in
  http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-setuid-overview

Corinna

Red Hat