This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Path conversion issue
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: All <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 06:03:25 +0400
- Subject: Path conversion issue
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Trying to find differences between local and remote file, I run into an issue:
diff.exe -cdb -x "CVS" -x ".svn" -I "\$Id.*\$" --strip-trailing-cr -- "C:\...\php-tools\GalleryClass.php" "\\REMOTE\C$\...\php-tools\GalleryClass.php"
diff: \REMOTE\C$\...\php-tools\GalleryClass.php: No such file or directory
Why it ate the leading backslash? Isn't it supposed to convert UNC path to
proper one? User's guide tell me this shouldn't be an issue, or so I read it
this way. Can anyone enlighten me on this matter, please?
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 17.08.2010, <5:59>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple