This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mkshortcut --allusers --smprograms
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 17:12:11 -0400
- Subject: Re: mkshortcut --allusers --smprograms
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 6/29/2009 2:53 PM, Andy Koppe wrote:
> Shortcuts created by postinstall scripts using mkshortcut --allusers
> --smprograms aren't readable for ordinary users, so all they get to
> see in the start menu is a white dummy icon that doesn't do anything.
> This affects both MinTTY and rxvt, at least with Cygwin 1.7 on Windows
> 7. I guess the scripts could find out where the start menu is and
> apply the necessary rights themselves, but it would make sense and be
> much more convenient if mkshortcut did that.
Andy, if you'd like to roll this change into a forward-port of your
other, wideAPI/locale patch, that'd be great.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple