This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
XWin shows in "ps -a" but not in "ps"
- From: Fergus <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- To: Cygwin ML <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Fergus <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 12:01:38 +0100
- Subject: XWin shows in "ps -a" but not in "ps"
I have XWin running and it shows up as a process under
but not under
I think this behaviour is recent: certainly it has perturbed what were
previously well-behaved scripts.
I was basically using ps | grep in a script to query whether XWin was
running. Am I correct that there is a procedure built in that will
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple