This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.7.5-1 : is the type 'pthread_spinlock_t' supported?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 10:06:40 -0400
- Subject: Re: 1.7.5-1 : is the type 'pthread_spinlock_t' supported?
- References: <AANLkTinE_nY_bWRE=rTV=MMenRtVmD4zw4vp6jrH-AAc@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 04:56:36PM +0800, David Zhang wrote:
>Hello, everyone. I'm using Cygwin 1.7.5-1 on Windows XP for some
>multithread programming using Pthreads.
>I wonder if the type "pthread_spinlock_t" is supported since when I
>tried to compile a C code that used "pthread_spinlock_t", GCC said:
>error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'pthread_spinlock_t'
>error: 'pthread_spinlock_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
>Then I open the file 'pthread.h' in the usr/include folder. It seems
>that there isn't any function definitions relating to spinlock like
>pthread_spin_init, pthread_spin_lock, etc. So does it means that
>'pthread_spinlock_t' is not supported in Cygwin 1.7.5-1?
Yes. If you don't see it in /usr/include that does mean it isn't implemented.
>If it doesn't for now, is there any plan for Cygwin to support it?
There are no plans to implement it. Sorry.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple