This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: a2ps on Cygwin quietly exits with code 127 on Windows 7
- From: "Larry Hall \(Cygwin\)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 16:28:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: a2ps on Cygwin quietly exits with code 127 on Windows 7
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4C4E584E.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 8/2/2010 7:37 AM, Rasputin Paskudniak wrote:
On the Cygwin side of the blame: In every Unix/Linux I used, if a shared
library cannot be found, we get a very clear message, something like:
... Missing library ....
In this case, all I got was the quiet death of the program.
echo $? typically returns error code 53. 'net helpmsg 53' gives a decent
hint - "The network path was not found."
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Q: Are you sure?
A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple