Re: ash start-up issue

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 12:08, Larry Hall (Cygwin) <> wrote:
> On 7/30/2010 1:36 PM, Steven Collins wrote:

>>> ash and dash are identical, and both provided by the dash package.
>>>
>>> If you can't start dash, I have to suspect interference from BLODA.
>>
>> I have two identically configured computers running the same corporate
>> mandated software (potential BLODA). One starts ash fine, the other is
>> the one under discussion.
>
> BLODA works in mysterious ways. ;-)
>
> Actually, timing is everything. ?So tracking down the BLODA is a
> worthwhile exercise, despite the apparent inconsistency.
>
> --
> Larry Hall ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?http://www.rfk.com
> RFK Partners, Inc. ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?(508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
> 216 Dalton Rd. ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?(508) 893-9889 - FAX
> Holliston, MA 01746

> A: Yes.
>>
>> Q: Are you sure?
>>>
>>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.

> --
> Problem reports: ? ? ? http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: ? ? ? ? http://cygwin.com/docs.html

If this is BLODA I'm just plain screwed because it is corporate driven
and I have no control over it.  This scenario is the biggest reason I
hate seeing the BLODA response. It seems to me that it would be good
to find ways to get Cygwin to work despite the presence of things that
are considered BLODA. Many users are in a similar situation to my own
where they are not the masters of what is on their computer. I take it
from the BLODA response that neither of you sees any issue with the
contents of the cygcheck file.

Regards,
Steven